Intersections of the ACADEMIC and BUSINESS world in the field of CULTURE and DIVERSITY
Beyond Horizons conference is organised under the auspices of the Rector of ŠKODA AUTO University, Mr. Pavel Mertlík, and a member of the Board of Management of Škoda Auto for People & Culture, Chairwoman of the Board of Directors at ŠKODA AUTO University, Ms. Maren Gräf.
Please accept our warm invitation to this unique event!
Scroll down for more information.
The aim of the Beyond Horizons conference is to bring together a broad international forum, academic and professional institutions and companies, and to show how these cooperate in today's rapidly expanding world, what are their common themes, interconnections and future possibilities and perspectives. As part of this event, it will be possible to attend sections focused on research but also practical solutions and sharing best practices.
1-2 June 2023
ŠKODA AUTO University campus, Na Karmeli 1457, 293 01 Mladá Boleslav, Czech Republic
Pre-conference programme will start on 31 May 2023 with pre-conference session. Cultural programme including afternoon meeting with projects partners will be closed by joint pre-conference dinner.
* The detailed programme will be specified during spring 2023.
The conference language is English.
Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Critical Incidents
› CIs in corporate practice
› Didactic use of CIs
› CIs as case studies
› CIs as a tool for personal and professional development
Promoting Diversity in Corporate Practice
› Diversity management in companies
› Diversity and inclusion in practice
› Language management in companies
› Migration issues – labour migration, integration
Promoting Diversity in Academic Practice
management in HEI
› Language policies and organized (institutional) language management
› Hot themes in the public debate / Current trends and challenges
› Modern teacher professional development - skills and competences, trainings
Varied Approaches to Language Education in the Time of Globally Interconnected World
and teaching/learning strategies
› Developing key competencies – language, communication, soft-skills, intercultural communication
› Simple language management in learning practice
› Autonomous and life-long learning
› Plurilingual issues – competencies, strategies, cultures in contact
› Needs analysis
Key Note Speakers
Chair of the CASAJC committee and representative in Cercles
Center for language education
Research Centre Steyr
* Not the final list.
All papers that successfully pass the review process will be published in the printed conference proceedings.
Necessary criteria for accepted papers in the conference proceedings and criterion for participation in the conference:
• To fill in the online application form (in the “Registration” section) – at least one author must be registered online, preferably the person who will personally attend the conference.
• The abstract must be sent by 7 January 2023 together with the protection of personal data consent form (*.pdf scan of the signed document – must be signed by all the authors) by email to BHconference@savs.cz. The abstract should not exceed 300 words.
• The paper must be sent by 15 March, with the declaration of originality (*.pdf scan of the signed document – must be signed by all the authors), by email to BHconference@savs.cz. The maximum lenght of a good practice paper is 3 500 words and a study paper should not exceed 7 000 words.
• All abstracts and papers must follow the template and guideline format (only in MS Word format *.docx) and meet the conditions of the review process.
• The conference fee must be paid on time.
Requirements for active participation at the conferences:
The presentation of the papers in English can be following:
- PowerPoint presentation (*.ppt, *.pptx, *.pdf) for 20 minutes including questions and remarks (15+5 minutes). For the paper presentation, standard audio-visual devices are available.
- Workshop for 40 minutes
- Academic poster presentation
In case of non-compliance with the above-mentioned by an author(s), the conference editor will reject the paper on formal grounds, and it will not be evaluated further. The editor reserves the right to charge a fee for technical corrections where there is a discrepancy between the paper and the template and non-compliance with formal requirements during the final review process. In that case, the author may be asked to pay a technical fee.
The editor reserves the right to modify the final form of accepted papers for technical and linguistic accuracy to be included in the proceedings.
Submitted papers cannot be previously published and cannot be under consideration for publication in any other journal or publication.
Templates for Important Documents
• The abstract template
• The paper template
• The declaration of originality
• The protection of personal data consent form
29th May 2023 – 2nd June 2023
ŠKODA AUTO University organises International Week.
ŠKODA AUTO University o.p.s.
Na Karmeli 1457
293 01 Mladá Boleslav