- Student internships are an integral part of Bachelor's study programmes. Internships take place in the fifth semester of studies.
- The Economics and Management programme: students of follow-on Master´s programmes can select a 6 weeks work placement as one of the compulsory elective courses.
- The Industrial Management and the Business Economics and Management Informatics programmes: students of follow-on Master´s programmes can select a six weeks work placement as compulsory subjects.
- Thanks to internships, students establish regular contact with specialised workplaces. The aim of student internships is to familiarise participants with the work environment of the different departments, gain valuable practical experience and apply theoretical knowledge in real life.
- During internships students choose the topic of their Bachelor Theses. They maintain contact with the company after the internship in order to successfully complete their Theses.
Bachelor´s Degree programme internships
- During the fifth semester of the Bachelor's degree programme
- With a length of 20 weeks, internships start in early September and usually end in late January or mid-February of the same academic year
- The minimum working time for internships is 7.5, or 8 hours. Working time distribution is based on the requirements of the workplace.
- Students can extend the scope of internships through continuous internships during the holidays or through arranging short-term internships during the academic year.
- The optional scenario is the permanent cooperation of students with the given department that can result in permanent emloyment immediately after graduation.
Follow-on Master´s Degree internships
- The Economics and Management programme: 6 weeks work placement as one of the compulsory elective courses
- The Industrial Management and the Business Economics and Management Informatics programmes:
- as a compulsory subject
- During performance of the professional engineering work experience, the university cooperates with its founder Škoda auto a. s. and has also established a very extensive network of additional partner companies (employers) from the Czech Republic and abroad.