Conference ICAI 2022
European Automotive Industry at the Crossroads
ŠKODA AUTO University is organising the second year of the international scientific conference under the patronage of Rector doc. Ing. Pavel Mertlík, CSc. – International Conference on Automotive Industry 2022.
Plenary Session Presentations
Detailed Information about the Plenary Session
Please find detailed information about the Plenary session under the green button.
ICAI 2022 aims to create a space for scientific discussion on economic, legal and technical issues of the current state and development in the automotive industry. As the automotive industry is a significant export sector, not only for the Czech Republic but also for Europe as a whole and since the Czech Republic will start its EU Presidency in July 2022, the conference will focus on policies, developments and challenges towards sustainability, e-mobility and regulation in EU.
9th–10th June 2022
ŠKODA AUTO University, Na Karmeli 1457, 293 01 Mladá Boleslav, Czech Republic
The conference language is English.
• The Importance of Automotive Industry in Contemporary Economies
• Financial Analysis
• Supply Chain Management
• Global Value Chains, Global Production Networks
• Legal Issues (Green Agenda, AI and Digitalization, IPR Protection, Competition Regulation)
• Innovative Engineering, Materials and Design
• Digitization and SMART Technologies in the Automotive Environment
• Changing Customer Needs, Segments and Business Landscape for New Mobility
• Big Data and Analytics in the Automotive Industry
31st January 2022 registration and abstract submission deadline
27th February 2022 paper submission deadline
17th April 2022 early bird fee payment deadline
13th May 2022 payment deadline
8th June 2022 conference excursion
9th–10th June 2022 conference date
All abstracts and papers must be written in English (preferably using British spelling).
All papers that successfully pass the review process will be published in the printed conference proceedings. The proceedings will be sent with a request to be indexed in the Conference Proceedings Citation Index accessible at the Web of Science™.
Necessary criteria for accepted papers in the conference proceedings and criterion for participation in the conference:
• To fill in the online application form (in the “Registration” section) – at least one author must be registered online, preferably the person who will personally attend the conference.
• The abstract must be sent by 9th January 2022 together with the protection of personal data consent form (*.pdf scan of the signed document – must be signed by all the authors) by email to email@example.com.
• The paper must be sent by 27th February 2022, with the declaration of originality (*.pdf scan of the signed document – must be signed by all the authors), by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The minimum length of the paper is six pages, and the paper should not exceed eight pages in total.
• All abstracts and papers must follow the template and guideline format (only in MS Word format *.docx) and meet the conditions of the review process.
• The conference fee must be paid on time.
Requirements for active participation at the conferences:
Presentation of the papers in English, PowerPoint presentation in English (*.ppt, *.pptx, *.pdf). There are 20 minutes for the paper presentation, including questions and remarks (15 + 5 minutes). For the paper presentation, standard audio-visual devices are available.
In case of non-compliance with the above-mentioned by an author(s), the conference editor will reject the paper on formal grounds, and it will not be evaluated further. The editor reserves the right to charge a fee for technical corrections where there is a discrepancy between the paper and the template and non-compliance with formal requirements during the final review process. In that case, the author may be asked to pay a technical fee.
The editor reserves the right to modify the final form of accepted papers for technical and linguistic accuracy to be included in the proceedings.
Submitted papers cannot be previously published and cannot be under consideration for publication in any other journal or publication.
Templates for Important Documents
• The Abstract Template
• The Paper Template
• The Declaration of Originality
• The Protection of Personal Data Consent Form
Conference Fee – Participants with Paper:
Early Bird 5 500 CZK/220 EUR by 17th April 2022
Regular 6 500 CZK/260 EUR after 17th April 2022
Conference Fee – Participants without Paper:
Early Bird 4 500 CZK/180 EUR by 17th April 2022
Regular 5 500 CZK/220 EUR after 17th April 2022
The participation fee is for a paper 8 pages in length; each additional page costs 250 CZK/10 EUR.
The editor reserves the right to charge a fee for technical corrections where there is a discrepancy between the paper and the template and non-compliance with the formal requirements during the final review process. The technical fee for the paper costs 250 CZK/10 EUR.
The conference fee for one person includes:
• personal participation at the conference
• conference proceedings including an electronic version
• complete refreshments during the conference
• conference excursion
Accommodation, transportation and any other costs are excluded from the conference fee.
Banks fees must be paid by the customer for both payer and payee so that ICAI organisers can receive the full conference fee amount.
The conference fee is non-refundable. Substitute participation is possible.
All the conference participants will receive the confirmation about the conference fee payment on the conference’s commencement day during registration.
Please accept these accommodation tips as both hotels are very close to ŠKODA AUTO University where the conference will be held.
Both single and double rooms are available in these hotels.
Accommodation, transportation and any other costs are excluded from the conference fee.
Registration has been closed.
prof. RNDr. Petr Pavlínek, Ph.D.
(University of Nebraska Omaha, USA / Charles University, Czech Republic)
dr. Justyna Bazylińska-Nagler (Wroclaw University, Poland)
doc. Ing. Jiří David, Ph.D. (ŠKODA AUTO University, Czech Republic)
prof. Ing. Vojtěch Dynybyl, Ph.D. (ŠKODA AUTO University, Czech Republic)
Assoc. Prof. Jerzy Feliks, D.Sc., Ph.D. (AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland)
Prof. Dr. George Feuerlicht (University of Technology Sydney, Australia)
Prof. Dr. Jarko Fidrmuc (Zeppelin University, Germany)
FH-Prof. DI (FH) Dr.techn. Roman Franz Froschauer (University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria)
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ingo Gestring (University of Applied Sciences Dresden, Germany)
prof. Ing. Radim Lenort, Ph.D. (ŠKODA AUTO University, Czech Republic)
Dr. Kaoru Natsuda (Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, Japan)
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Horst Rönnebeck (University of Applied Sciences Amberg-Weiden, Germany)
Magdolna Sass, Ph.D. (Centre for Economic and Regional Studies / Budapest Business School, Hungary)
prof. Ing. Stanislav Šaroch, Ph.D. (ŠKODA AUTO University, Czech Republic)
doc. JUDr. Václav Šmejkal, Ph.D. (ŠKODA AUTO University, Czech Republic)
doc. Ing. Pavel Štrach, Ph.D. et Ph.D. (ŠKODA AUTO University, Czech Republic)
Anis Yazidi M.Sc., Ph.D. (Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway)
Here you can find information on transportation possibilities from the airport and how to get to your hotel in Mladá Boleslav.
The best way to get from Prague Airport is to take a public bus or taxi. The tel. number for a non-stop AAA TAXI is: +420 222 333 222.
If you take a taxi, you must go to Zličín metro station (see point 2 of Option 1 below), Nádraží Veleslavín metro station (see point 2 of Option 2 below) or directly to Černý Most (see the final point of either option).
If you decide to come by bus, you can choose between two options:
- At the airport: Take bus no. 100 to Zličín (Direction – ZLIČÍN)
- At Zličín (which is a metro station): Take the yellow line to Černý Most. (Černý Most is the final station.)
- At Černý Most: Exit the train and head downstairs to the bus stations. You will need to find a bus going to Mladá Boleslav. There is no set departure point. Tickets are purchased on the bus from the driver. Be sure to have some change. The price is about 75 CZK.
- At the airport: Take bus no. 119 to Nádraží Veleslavín (Direction – NÁDRAŽÍ VELESLAVÍN)
- At Nádraží Veleslavín (which is a metro station): Take the green line to Můstek.
- At Můstek: Disembark and take the escalators down then follow the pedestrian tunnel to the platform for the yellow line. (This is still Můstek metro station.)
- Take the yellow line to Černý Most. (Černý Most is the final station.)
- At Černý Most: Exit the train and head downstairs to the bus stations. You will need to find a bus going to Mladá Boleslav. There is no set departure point. Tickets are purchased on the bus from the driver. Be sure to have some change. The price is about 75 CZK
*The ticket machine for public transport tickets, valid on both the city bus and metro, is close to the bus stop at the airport or you can buy it at a newsagent’s (e.g. Relay). You will need change for the ticket machine. A 30-minute standard fare costs 30 CZK. A 90-minute standard fare is 40 CZK.
You will have to buy a ticket for luggage larger than 25×45×70 cm. The price is 20 CZK and the ticket you select is the same as the child’s 90-minute ticket. The duration of the luggage ticket is the same as the duration of the ticket of the person travelling with said luggage, i.e. 30 or 90 minutes, respectively.
Remember: The ticket for the bus from Prague to Mladá Boleslav is bought on the bus.
When you arrive to Mladá Boleslav you can easily walk, take the public transport or a taxi Tel. number for non-stop ALFA TAXI: +420 776 056 622.
Useful public transport website here.
ŠKODA AUTO University o.p.s.
Na Karmeli 1457
293 01 Mladá Boleslav