Strategic Purchasing Foundations
Conditions for earning the certificate
The basic conditions for obtaining the certificate are:
A graduate of the Bachelor’s degree programme must pass the following subjects within the framework of their study at ŠKODA AUTO University:
Courses required for the certificate
- VOON – Selected Issues in Purchasing (3 credits, graded assessment)
- B2B – B2B Marketing (4 credits, examination)
- NTA – New Trends in the Automotive Industry (3 credits, graded assessment)
- Obligatory or elective one-semester professional work experience – in the field of purchasing
- The compulsory/elective work experience must always be performed from September until January/February, for at least 5 months
The purchasing division accommodates students who are performing their work experience – students can flexibly adapt their work experience to suit their needs (e.g. change the specific department within the purchasing division)
- Bachelor’s thesis (Bachelor thesis seminar – 6 credits, Bachelor’s thesis 10 credits) – from the field of purchasing or relevant to the field of purchasing
→ The programme started in February 2019 – the first graduates were awarded the certificate in February 2020
The following students may be awarded the certificate:
- Students in the Economics and Management (all specialisations) and the Business Economics and Management Informatics Bachelor’s degree programmes at ŠKODA AUTO University
- Successful graduates of this programme receive not only a certificate but also a financial reward.
Application for the issue of the certificate
Application for issue of the certificate and its handover
After having met the determined conditions, the student must apply for issue of the certificate by submitting an application in the Contact Centre in AIS (“Application for Issue of a Professional Certificate”). It is also necessary to attach a proof of having undergone the required work experience. The student will be informed about the method of handover of the certificate by the Study Department.
The Study Department checks that the conditions for issue of the certificate have been met, arranges the signature of the relevant guarantor, submits the certificate to the rector for signature and arranges for the certificate to be handed over to the student.