Conference ICAI 2020
ŠKODA AUTO University is organising an international scientific conference under the patronage of Rector doc. Ing. Pavel Mertlík, CSc. – International Conference on Automotive Industry 2020.
On the occasion of 20th anniversary of its foundation by ŠKODA AUTO Company, ŠKODA AUTO University is organising the International Scientific Conference on the Automotive Industry (ICAI 2020). ICAI 2020 aims to create a space for scientific discussion on both economic and technical issues on the current state and development of the automotive industry. ŠKODA AUTO University intends to introduce a new tradition, organising this conference every two years.
12th November 2020 (postponed from the 28th – 29th May 2020)
The conference language is English.
• The Importance of Automotive Industry in Contemporary Economies
• Financial Analysis
• Supply Chain Management
• Global Value Chains, Global Production Networks
• Legal Issues (Competition Policy in Automotive Industry; Green Agenda)
• New Materials and its Economical and Ecological Aspects
• Design of Mechanical Components
• Development of Computer Support, E-mobility and Artificial Intelligence
• New Business Models, Management and Marketing
9th February 2020 registration deadline
9th February 2020 abstract submission deadline
8st March 2020 paper submission deadline
30th April 2020 early bird fee payment deadline
15th May 2020 payment deadline
12th November 2020 conference date
All abstracts and papers must be written in English (preferably using British spelling).
All papers that successfully pass the double-blind review process will be published in the printed conference proceedings. The proceedings will be sent with a request to be indexed in the Conference Proceedings Citation Index accessible at the Web of Science™.
Necessary criteria for accepted papers in the conference proceedings and criterion for participation in the conference:
• To fill in the online application form (in the “Registration” section) – at least one author must be registered online, preferably the person who will personally attend the conference.
• The abstract must be sent by 9th February 2020 together with the protection of personal data consent form (*.pdf scan of the signed document – must be signed by all the authors) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The paper must be sent by 8st March 2020, with the declaration of originality (*.pdf scan of the signed document – must be signed by all the authors), by email to email@example.com. The minimum length of the paper is six pages, and the paper should not exceed eight pages in total.
• Abstracts and papers must follow the template and guideline format (only in MS Word format *.docx) and meet the conditions of the review process.
• The conference fee must be paid on time.
Requirements for active participation at the conferences:
Presentation of the paper in English, PowerPoint presentation in English (*.ppt, *.pptx, *.pdf). There are 20 minutes for the paper presentation, including questions and remarks (15 + 5 minutes). For the paper presentation, standard audio-visual devices are available.
In case of non-compliance with the above instructions by an author(s), the conference editor will reject the paper on formal grounds, and it will not be evaluated further. The editor reserves the right to charge a fee for technical corrections where there is a discrepancy between the paper and the template and non-compliance with formal requirements during the final review process. In this case, the author may be asked to pay a technical fee.
The editor reserves the right to modify the final form of accepted papers for technical and linguistic accuracy to be included in the proceedings.
Submitted papers cannot be previously published and cannot be under consideration for publication in any other journal or publication.
Thursday, 12th November 2020
09:30 - 10:00 Registration
10:00 - 10:20 Conference opening
10:20 - 11:50 Plenary session
11:50 - 13:00 Lunch break
13:00 - 14:30 Parallel sessions - Paper presentations
14:30 - 14:45 Coffee break
14:45 - 16:15 Parallel sessions - Paper presentations
16:15 - 16:30 Coffee break
16:30 - 18:00 Parallel sessions - Paper presentations
18:00 – 18:30 Coffee break
18:30 – 19:20 Conference closing
Please note that the programme is subject to change.
More information about the conference proceedings is available here.
Keynote's Speakers Presentation
The keynote speakers of the conference were prof. Petr Pavlínek from the University of Nebraska/ Charles University and Petr Knap from Ernst & Young.
The recording of prof. Pavlínek's presentation is available on the ŠAVŠ Youtube channel.
The presentation of Petr Knap is available for download:
Templates for Important Documents
• The abstract template
• The paper template
• The declaration of originality
• The protection of personal data consent form
Conference Fee – Participants with Paper:
Early Bird 4 500 CZK/180 EUR by 30th April 2020
Regular 5 500 CZK/220 EUR after 30th April 2020
Conference Fee – Participants without Paper:
Early Bird 3 500 CZK/140 EUR by 30th April 2020
Regular 4 500 CZK/180 EUR after 30th April 2020
The participation fee is for a paper 8 pages in length; each additional page costs 250 CZK/10 EUR.
The editor reserves the right to charge a fee for technical corrections where there is a discrepancy between the paper and the template and non-compliance with the formal requirements during the final review process. The technical fee for the paper costs 250 CZK/10 EUR.
The conference fee for one person includes:
• personal participation at the conference
• conference proceedings including electronic version
• complete refreshments during the conference
• conference excursion
Accommodation, transportation and any other costs are excluded from the conference fee.
Banks fees must be paid by the customer for both payer and payee so that ICAI organiser can receive the full conference fee amount.
The conference fee is non-refundable. Substitute participation is possible.
All the conference participants will receive the confirmation about the conference fee payment on the conference’s commencement day during registration.
Registration is closed.
prof. RNDr. Petr Pavlínek, Ph.D. (Charles University, University of Nebraska)
prof. Ing. Stanislav Šaroch, Ph.D. (ŠKODA AUTO University)
doc. Ing. Romana Čižinská, Ph.D. (ŠKODA AUTO University)
prof. Ing. Radim Lenort, Ph.D. (ŠKODA AUTO University)
doc. JUDr. Václav Šmejkal, Ph.D. (ŠKODA AUTO University)
prof. Ing. Petr Louda, CSc. (Technical University of Liberec)
prof. Ing. Vojtěch Dynybyl, Ph.D. (ŠKODA AUTO University)
doc. Ing. Jiří David, Ph.D. (ŠKODA AUTO University)
doc. Ing. Pavel Štrach, Ph.D. et Ph.D. (ŠKODA AUTO University)
Ing. Josef Bradáč, Ph.D. (ŠKODA AUTO University)
doc. Ing. Martin Kvizda, Ph.D. (Masaryk University)
Assoc. Prof. Jerzy Feliks, D.Sc., Ph.D. (AGH University of Science and Technology)
dr Justyna Bazylińska-Nagler (University of Wrocław)
Magdolna Sass, PhD (Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Budapest Business School)
Here you can find nformation on transportation possibilities from the airport and how to get to your hotel in Mladá Boleslav.
The best way to get from Prague Airport is to take a public bus or taxi. The tel. number for non-stop AAA TAXI is: +420 222 333 222.
If you take a taxi, you go to Zličín metro station (see point 2 of Option 1 below), Nádraží Veleslavín metro station (see point 2 of Option 2 below) or directly to Černý Most (see the final point of either option).
If you decide to come by bus, you can choose between two options:
- At the airport: Take bus no. 100 to Zličín (Direction – ZLIČÍN)*
- At Zličín (which is a metro station): Take the yellow line to Černý Most. (Černý Most is the final station.)
- At Černý Most: Exit the train and head downstairs to the bus station. You will need to find a bus going to Mladá Boleslav. There is no set departure point. Tickets are purchased from the driver. Be sure to have some change. The price is about 75 CZK.
- At the airport: Take bus no. 119 to Nádraží Veleslavín (Direction – NÁDRAŽÍ VELESLAVÍN)
- At Nádraží Veleslavín (which is a metro station): Take the green line to Můstek.
- At Můstek: Disembark and take the escalators down then follow the pedestrian tunnel to the platform for the yellow line. (This is still Můstek metro station.)
- Take the yellow line to Černý Most. (Černý Most is the final station.)
- At Černý Most: Exit the train and head downstairs to the bus station. You will need to find a bus going to Mladá Boleslav. There is no set departure point. Tickets are purchased from the driver. Be sure to have some change. The price is about 75 CZK
*The ticket machine for public transport tickets, valid on both the city bus and metro, is close to the bus stop at the airport or you can buy it at a newsagent’s (e.g. Relay). You will need change for the ticket machine. A 30-minute standard fare costs 24 CZK. A 90-minute standard fare is 36 CZK.
You will have to buy a ticket for luggage larger than 25×45×70 cm. The price is 16 CZK and the ticket you select is the same as the child’s 90-minute ticket. The duration of the luggage ticket is the same as the duration of the ticket of the person travelling with said luggage, i.e. 30 or 90 minutes, respectively.
Remember: The ticket for the bus from Prague to Mladá Boleslav is bought on the bus.
When you arrive to Mladá Boleslav you can easily walk, take public transport or a taxi Tel. number for non-stop ALFA TAXI: +420 776 056 622.
Useful public transport website https://idos.idnes.cz/en/vlakyautobusy/spojeni/?lng=E.
ŠKODA AUTO University o.p.s
Na Karmeli 1457
293 01 Mladá Boleslav